Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grade 3 In 21 hours

Rather cryptic title isn't it? Let me explain. One of my students (formerly referred to as the little hockey player) did a reading test for me yesterday and his skill level has risen from grade one to grade three. This was accomplished in 21 hours. Hence the title of this post. When he started working with me he was only able to decode words at a grade one level. You can imagine how he felt about himself at that point. But yesterday, after succeeding far beyond his goal, he sailed out of here on cloud 9. He couldn't wait to tell his mom and show her his certificate of achievement and his prize. What he doesn't know is I feel ten times better than he does about his accomplishment. I know that now that he has been able to reach this one goal, he's going to reach higher and higher knowing that he can do anything he puts his mind and effort to.

I think that's all that I want to say on this post. I just wanted to celebrate this wonderful success with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment